Raymond Second Ward Chapel Dance Pavilion
The June 15, 1933 Raymond Recorder (82 years ago today) announced that the construction of an open air dance pavilion was underway at the Raymond Second Ward Chapel. The pavilion was located between the Second Ward Chapel and the Buddhist Temple, where the parking lot behind town hall is now. The pavilion opened June 27th of the same year. At the opening popular local group Kings Kanadiens, led by Louis King, provided the music and approximately 500 people came to dance.